24.9 C
Johannesburg
Wednesday, November 23, 2022
HomeBoxingFloyd Mayweather confirms Conor McGregor rematch

Floyd Mayweather confirms Conor McGregor rematch

 

- Advertisement -

Cape Town — Boxing icon Floyd Mayweather jnr on Wednesday confirmed that he will fight Irish MMA legend Conor McGregor for a second time.

The two previously went head-to-head in a blockbuster bout in 2017, with the American winning the fight with a 10th round TKO. This weekend, the 45-year-old will take home $20-million after an exhibition fight against Japanese MMA fighter Mikuru Asakura.

Speaking to the UK’s Daily Mail, Mayweather said: “’I want to go out there this weekend and have fun (against Mikuru Asakura). Then I have another exhibition in Dubai in November and me and Conor McGregor in 2023.

“We don’t know if it’s going to be an exhibition or a real fight. But there’s been talks of both. I would prefer an exhibition,” said Mayweather, who retired with a record of 50 wins from 50 professional fights.

In a veiled dig at the Irish MMA star, Mayweather then said: “I’m not into fights where I am going to take any real punishment.

 

Original Article

- Advertisement -
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisment -