- Variety works – choose cheeses with different textures and taste profiles.
- Sweet, sour, bitter, and salty – match your cheeses to an array of different sweet and savoury ingredients.
- Dazzle with colour – choose fruits and vegetables of different colours, shapes, and textures.
- Fill the space – use garnishes such as fresh herbs, berries, nuts, roasted chickpeas, and edible flowers so that the board is entirely covered with an abundance of good foods.
- Keep it cool – Remember that cheeses are at their best at room temperature. So, keep your cheese board indoors until you are ready to serve. You can also assemble your cheese board on a marble slab to keep cheeses cool for longer outdoors.
Have you checked out the latest IOL Food & Drinks digital magazine? Read it here.